What I am learning these daysTags: English, university
Created on Sun, 13 Apr 2014
Hello, Dear Mr/Mrs Whoever it may concern!
So this is the deal: I am a third year student now. Serious stuff. Here is a random list of things I am learning while studying for the exams.
- You should have so much feedback with a client, it should be handled in a TCP rather than UDP way.
- C gives you enough rope to hang yourself. And 60% of the Internet.
- Implementing a round robin scheduler with no pre-emption will solve your time problems. * The no pre-emption is actually the key here.
- How to draw stick figures and call them "UML Diagrams".
- Waterfall is so XX century. Agile is new and good. Magical! It even makes lazy people, un-lazy!
- Slow start is actually quite exponential.
- Thombstone diagrams... who... who uses that?
- CGPGrey + Numberphile guy = Great, no... GREAT podcast!
- Gant and PERT charts, kanbana... all kinds of stuff to keep the boss happy.
- Write blogs!
- How important ER diagrams are. For a third year.
- How important the mouse is. For a third year.
- Apple... OH-MI-RANDOM-THANKS-APPLE!!! Thank you Johny Ive, Steve Jobs and all the best artists and designers in the world, without you HCI wouldn't exist and my world would be mostly empty!
- The header and footer of email staaaaaarts to look artificial to me. Why can't I do it like chat?
- XP is great! Almost 15 years old, looks like the best agile methodology!
- The sad realization that the University is pushing me to work for these people:
Will keep it posted if I learn something more.
Best wishes, Procrastinating Me